Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Name Game

Tina went on an overnighter last night to see if she fit into the home of a very nice family here in Colorado Springs.

That meant Sam had to spend the first day of his entire life alone! How did he handle it? You be the judge.

Last night...


... and this morning....


Yeah he seems really stressed out doesn't he? Last night was his first night in a crate. I put him in about 10 PM along with an ice block and prepared myself for a sleepless night. Not a peep out of him. Not one. I got up about 4 am to make sure he was still alive. Took him out to go potty, put him back to bed in his crate where he slept until I got up at 6 AM. Boy am I lucky!! His half sister Babe was the same way. Must be an Aliy thing. Thank you Aliy!!

Although Tina may end up leaving we've decided Sam will be staying here. So now we have to come up with a name for him. As I've said before, I think Sam is a really dumb name for a Samoyed, I mean really - Sam the Sam-oyed?!?!? But it fits him so well that unless something else really strikes me, Sam he is going to remain.

So in a reverse of what I usually do, which is come up with a registered name and then add a call name that ties in, I have a call name and need to find a registered name. In the running right now are two Sam Cooke songs:

WhiteStar's Another Saturday Night
WhiteStar's Having A Party

Opinions?

Okay now Sam and I have to go wait for Tina to return! Unfortunately only one of the two dogs at the potential new home thought Tina was pretty neat, the other was not so welcoming, so Tina is still looking for the perfect forever home.